KEEP YOUR HAIR SHINY & HEALTY
Healthy hair starts within the hair shaft and the first step to achieve healthy hair is to know how to properly cleanse the hair. You want to wash it regulary to cleanse all debris and oils from the hair, condition with a moisturizer then towel blot dry. Before blow drying add a thermal protector spray and make sure you trim your hair every 2 months... this keeps the split ends from forming while allowing the hair to grow longer and healthier. Once finished, if desired, add a weightless shine serum to dry hair and style. If you are looking for additional shine after styling your hair you may add a weightless shine spray.
Makeup is designed to inhance your natural beauty and you can wear it light for a daytime look or spice it up for the evening with a smokey eye look. The key to a great makeup look starts with prepping the skin before any makeup application by having a great skin care regimen. You need to know if you have normal to dry, oily or combination skin when purchasing products, then the next step is finding the perfect foundation that matches your skin tone as well as your skin type. One tip I give to my clients is that the best way to test your foundation color is under proper lighting on your jawline. This will allow you to see if it matches your skin tone perfectly.
For all clients I recommend a consultation before any color application. Color requires consistent maintenance and regular conditioning treatments. You should always keep the hair hydrated with a moisturizing conditioner and avoid applying heat everyday. Colors have to be reapplied every 4-6 weeks and should be shampooed with color treated shampoos & conditioners. This will help prolong the vibrancy of your colors and help prevent fading. If you like fun in the sun at the beach, you should protect your hair with a UV filtering spray.
MAKE UP PRODUCTS
Here are a few of the make up products I use on my clients:
1. Smashbox Photo Finish~ Is an amazing primer for your face. It makes your skin feel and look flawless by reducing the fine lines and pores with a light weight finish. It is great with or without makeup and can be used on a all skin types. Be sure that you pick the right primer that best suits your skin type needs.
2. M.A.C Fluidline ~ If you are looking for a softer look for your eyes then I suggest your try this eyeliner. It has a gel formula that is long lasting, smudge proof and goes on creamy. It also comes in a varitey of colors, so have fun with it.
3. Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara~ It has a gel-mousse formula with no flaking, great volume and makes your lashes feel soft to the touch. It also comes in washable and waterproof formulas.
STYLE YOUR HAIR DAILY
Your hair should be brushed out on a daily basis, starting from the ends of the hair and then working your way up to the roots. This method detangles your hair with ease while preventing hair loss, knotting and matting of the hair. Before curling your hair you can add a weightless thermal serum which will protect the hair from the heat being applied. You can style your hair as usual and when finished you can apply a weightless UV shine spray to add extra sheen.
Here are a few of the hair products I use on my clients:
1. Goldwell DualScenses Color Care~ The Extra Rich Repair shampoos gently cleanses the hair
reducing color fading.The detangling conditioner repairs, nourishes and intensifies your color.
2. Kenra Shine Serum~This product provides weightless, long lasting shine and thermal
protection. I usually use it before curling my clients hair.
3. Sebastian Halo Mist~ This is a weightless polishing spray that also provides UV protection for your hair. It is one of my favorite finishing products after styling the hair.
4. Kenra Platinum Texturizing Taffy~ This taffy gives the hair great texture, separation and control. It provides medium flexible hold without adding build up on the hair and it is water-based so it rinses out easily. It can also be used on wet or dry hair and it is great for smooothing the edges around the hairline.